At 06:42 PM 2/22/01 -0600, Ken Kirchner wrote:

>Ok, I'm looking, but not seeing too much information on the web about this
>cable.  It's a DB44 Male to "V.35" Male (Winchester?).  The Superpipe
>manual doesnt mention anything like this, they only mention some DB44
>(X.21?) to RS-232 DB25 Male connector.  Not suitable for my purpose which
>is to hook this Superpipe 155 to an AdTran or Kentrox T1 CSU/DSU.
>
>I can find part numbers, but they dont mean anything since I cant
>cross-reference them with an actual picture to be sure I am ordering the
>right part (most seem god-aweful expensive too).  Plus no one seems to
>agree on what these cable ends are called.  Some say DB44, some say X.21,
>it's chaos.
>
>Does anyone have any idea where I might find such an animal?

	The cable is the same as the MAX 4000/6000/Pipe130 cable
	orderable from your Lucent Reseller

	From a document I have access to, 3 variations:

Model #:      Desc:

MXHP-RS449	7-Foot shielded cable with male DB-44 to male DC-37.
			Does not include gender changer.
MXHP-V35	7-Foot shielded cable with male DB-44 to male V.35.
			Does not include gender changer.
MXHP-X21	7-Foot shielded cable with male DB-44 to male X.21.
			Does not include gender changer.

	This cable is pretty well known in it's Max guise, and third
	party suppliers may be able to make one up.

	Then again, there's nothing like having genuine parts
	when making a support call.

	Also, 7.4.11 is the latest GA version on Superpipe.
	It has some new code for V.35 interfaced Superpipes.

		Greg
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com