On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Troy Settle wrote:

> I'd guess that neither the Max or the Radius server was at fault.  It was a
> simple mis-match between the users file and the dictionary.  Changing it in
> the dictionary fixed the problem.  Changing the attribute name in the users
> file would have also fixed the problem.

Thanks to some tips from Greg and the FreeRadius developers, I set up
Radius with the old dictionaries and experimented with "radif" on an
unused max.  The dictionary I was using had two entries for
Ascend-IP-Pool-Definition, and one was defined as a Vendor-Specific
attribute.  Thus, Radius was returning attribute 26 (Vendor-Specific) and
not 217 as it should.  This was the real problem.  Since my "radtest"
program shows the Attribute names and not the numbers, the only change I
could see was in Service-Type vs. User-Service.

So, no max bug, no radius bug: just a configuration problem.  I'll know
better in the future. :)

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com