** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of Kristina
** Pfaff-Harris
** Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 6:05 PM
** To: Greg Daley
** Cc: ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** Subject: Re: (ASCEND) Maxen losing IP pools problem solved
**
** On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Greg Daley wrote:
**
** > 	The Max doesn't ever see the name of the Attribute.
**
** I didn't think it should.  But the question then remains, why did
** switching only the name of the attribute fix the problem? The Maxes seem
** to take either "User-Service" or "Service-Type" just fine for user
** authentication, as long as it's attribute 6. However, pools users, while
** authenticating just fine with "Service-Type" never got the pools into the
** Max.  Wouldn't this suggest that there is some bug in the Max itself? I
** mean, if the pools users get authenticated (Access-Accept), then the pool
** should get set in the Max, right?  I know it's odd, but that is the only
** difference between a Max being able to get it's pools from radius:
** User-Service vs. Service-Type listed as attribute 6 in the dictionary.
**
** > 	There may have been a conflict in the namespace in the
** > 	dictionary file.
**
** Maybe.  But if it never sees the name, then that shouldn't be a
** problem...
**
** Dunno.  It's bizarre. :)
**