On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Greg Daley wrote:

> 	The Max doesn't ever see the name of the Attribute.

I didn't think it should.  But the question then remains, why did
switching only the name of the attribute fix the problem? The Maxes seem
to take either "User-Service" or "Service-Type" just fine for user
authentication, as long as it's attribute 6. However, pools users, while
authenticating just fine with "Service-Type" never got the pools into the
Max.  Wouldn't this suggest that there is some bug in the Max itself? I
mean, if the pools users get authenticated (Access-Accept), then the pool
should get set in the Max, right?  I know it's odd, but that is the only
difference between a Max being able to get it's pools from radius:
User-Service vs. Service-Type listed as attribute 6 in the dictionary.

> 	There may have been a conflict in the namespace in the
> 	dictionary file.

Maybe.  But if it never sees the name, then that shouldn't be a problem...

Dunno.  It's bizarre. :)

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com