At 03:05 PM 1/4/01 -0800, Kristina Pfaff-Harris wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Greg Daley wrote:
>
>> 	The Max doesn't ever see the name of the Attribute.
>
>I didn't think it should.  But the question then remains, why did
>switching only the name of the attribute fix the problem? The Maxes seem
>to take either "User-Service" or "Service-Type" just fine for user
>authentication, as long as it's attribute 6. However, pools users, while
>authenticating just fine with "Service-Type" never got the pools into the
>Max.  Wouldn't this suggest that there is some bug in the Max itself? I
>mean, if the pools users get authenticated (Access-Accept), then the pool
>should get set in the Max, right?  I know it's odd, but that is the only
>difference between a Max being able to get it's pools from radius:
>User-Service vs. Service-Type listed as attribute 6 in the dictionary.

	It really depends on what the Max is receiving from the
	Radius Server.  I would look to see whether there is a
	difference in the radif output on the diagnostics screen
	of the Max.

	After All, It may be that the radius server is not sending back
	the attributes correctly.  It is only a freeware server.

	If the problem ends up being on the max, and you'd like to
	follow it up, you could talk to the TAC.

>> 	There may have been a conflict in the namespace in the
>> 	dictionary file.
>
>Maybe.  But if it never sees the name, then that shouldn't be a problem...

	The conflict would be within the radius server itself.
	(with its own dictionary).	If there are problems, then
	it would probably report it by error debug.

		Greg
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com