> I have two Ascend MAX 6000s (model number: MX60-T1AC-48NA), each with
> 4 12 modem cards.  Each unit has 4 T1s running into it.

> I did the math, and assuming that each T1 line has 24 PRIs, and I actually
> have only 48 modems, it seems like I am paying for 2 extra T1s running to
> each unit, that are not really being used.

I assume you mean T1 PRI lines with 23 B channels and 1 D channel.
This would support 23 simultaneous calls on each T1.

You might also mean T1 DCS (aka channelized T1) with 24 B channels
and in-band signalling.  This would support 24 simultaneous calls
on each T1.

> Is that actually the case?  Will there be any adverse effects if I would
> terminate 4 T1s, and have only 2 T1s running to each of the MAXes?

Depends.

Are you accepting ISDN calls?  If so, you need 1 or 2 channels on
a T1, depending on bandwidth provided, for each caller.

If you are purely modem calls, then common practice is to have
a couple more modems in your pool than B channels.  This prevents
your customers from getting a rings, no-answer condition because
a few modems are out of service or otherwise unavailable.

						Lee Jones
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com