At 01:53 PM 1/4/2001 -0800, Lee Jones wrote:
> > I have two Ascend MAX 6000s (model number: MX60-T1AC-48NA), each with
> > 4 12 modem cards.  Each unit has 4 T1s running into it.
>
> > Is that actually the case?  Will there be any adverse effects if I would
> > terminate 4 T1s, and have only 2 T1s running to each of the MAXes?
>
>Depends.
>
>Are you accepting ISDN calls?  If so, you need 1 or 2 channels on
>a T1, depending on bandwidth provided, for each caller.

That seems a bit confusing. The MAX is not typically configured for
exactly the right number of users.....oversubscription is very typical.

The tricky part here is to balance between ISDN and modem calls
such that you would never allow more modem calls that the number
of installed modems.....so you need to expect a 50/50 split
between modem and ISDN calls - which is pretty uncommon.

>If you are purely modem calls, then common practice is to have
>a couple more modems in your pool than B channels.  This prevents
>your customers from getting a rings, no-answer condition because
>a few modems are out of service or otherwise unavailable.

True....though the latest modem cards are much more reliable, and
recycle quickly. Also, how you manage your hunt-groups and
channel assignment can help alleviate this where you have a more
than one MAX.

Kevin Smith                             Yahoo Messenger: kevin_smith
KAS at lucent.com
1 (510) 708-8010

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com