At 10:42 AM 1/19/01 -0800, Peter Lalor wrote:
>Does anyone know how one goes about getting an IPSec hash code for a
>Pipeline 130 these days? It used to be that you'd simply enter the
>serial number at http://www.ascend.com/firewallforfree and they'd
>send you the hash code.
>
>Later, they decided that the P130 is too slow to do IPSec and
>firewall, so you'd get a hash code that did one or the other, but not
>both.
>
>Anyone using IPSec on a Pipeline 130? Any comments or caveats?

	I think you hit the nail on the head with the analysis about
	the P130.  You would be better suited with another super/pipeline
	product for IPSec.

	I think the principle issue is that if you say the P130 can do
	IPSec, and that it has a T1/E1 interface, people would do IPSec
	at T1/E1 rate.

	The P130 was designed in an era where point-to-point encryption
	was not required for SO/HO applications.

	I believe that several of the Superpipes and Pipelines still have
	Firewall/IPSec capability up to 56bit for free, and 3Des at
	a small cost.

	In the sales documents there is no mention of P130 and IPSec.

		Greg

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com