On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, ISPstuff wrote:
>All I can say is that v.92 is a big waste of money so far.  I picked up a
>USR v.92 external Sportster as a test and it won't connect to our TNT with
>either moh (modem on hold) or quick-connect enabled.

Did you bother to read the release note(s) for the code you loaded?  In
my opinion, Lucent's V.92 support was created by their marketing department.
They don't support anything of value -- PCM upstream, fast connect, ...

I think CommWorks (aka 3Com, aka USR) are the only people with "functional"
(for various definitions) PCM upstream.

I know customers are idiots (tm).  However, someone has to try to make them
happy -- or at least stop whining.  These are likely also the same people
who cry about their "56k" modem not connecting at 56k.  Modems are slow -
PERIOD.  If you want speed, pay for it. (Cable modem, DSL, microwave,...)

--Ricky

PS: I've lived on ISDN for years.  64k is fast enough for most things.  So
    I cannot leach warez and porno as fast as it's posted; big deal.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com