It sounds like a typical situation where an ISP expands from
	1 to more than 1 RAS at a PoP.

	A lot of ISP's run RIPv2 send only on their RAS's, and accept
	the routes on the adjacent router. This allows the advertisement
	of Static IP addresses regardless of which RAS the user dials into.

	This router makes routing decisions, such as forwarding the
	packets received on the ethernet (but with routes via another RAS).
	The Router can then export the dynamic routes into OSPF/BGP (or not
	as may be your preference, to use static routes in between PoPs).

	This works especially well for customers with subnets which are
	available beyond the single IP address assigned in PPP
	authentication. The framed route profile from RADIUS is advertised
	by RIP to the Router, and then into the network.

	And Abracadabra! No more clunky static routes...

		Greg

To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com