Hello all.

We have one TNT in our production network and we have had a few issues with
it.

1. Refresh -a not working ok with RADIUS permconn-sys-x profiles
2. E1 / HDLC and BACP with MultilinkPPP connections, where multilink bundle
includes B channels from multiple HDLC cards.
3. TNT dialout (ISDN) and ISDN router CLID callback with RADIUS profiles.

All these were open cases in Lucent emea.

Lets start with case 3:

It was oppened about 9th. of March 2001. Many different people (emea) were
telling me that it should work ok and with Navis Radius it works and so on.
We were desperate until this week when this case was resolved. We used
Vrouter, ATM-Direct and CLID radius authentication so this wasn't an easy
case. What we needed was a correct radius user profiles with neccessary
attributes and everyhting started to work. Emea couldn't tell us how it
should be done, just telling that it SHOULD work. I got some examples how
to configure tnt dialout and expect callback, but they were not modified
for our setup conserning e.g. Vrouters.
So this wasn't a bug and I'm happy now after this case is closed, but I
think 4 months is way too much for us to wait and cry!

Case 2:

This case was oppened about 8th of May 2001.
Issue was that ISDN user dials in, gets one B-channel from first HDCL card
and second channel from another HDLC card. Now there were MP connection
were channel buldle included channels from two different HDLC cards. When
user stopped to sending/receiving data and BACP should have dropped that
second channel away, an error ocurred. BACP couldn't drop channel from
another HDLC card, so user had those 2 channels open "forever".
This was confirmed as a bug by emea.
19th of Jun 2001 I got an engineering TAOS release 8.0.4e58 where this
issue was solved.
Because this fix couldn't be included in upcoming TAOS 8.0.5 GA at end of
July 2001, I was told that after release of 8.0.5 a new eload will be done
conserning this issue.
This case was handled pretty well I should say.

Case 1:

This case was oppened about 5th of Dec 2000.
We have ATM connection profiles and static route profiles configured in
radius. When profile is changed in radius these changes should be applied
also in TNT. This is done by using "refresh" command. When some permconn
profile was changed in radius and TNT refreshed, that changed connection
were disconnected and never established until second refresh  command was
given. And if one permconn profile were deleted, tnt shows that profile
still with dir conn command. This isn't a big problem, but still annoing.
We got broken link to eload e33 (Jun 7) for this issue also, and finally
working link at June 26,  but it didn't work as it should (not in our
setup). Some emea engineer has tested this eload and this should have been
fixed in TAOS 9.0.3 GA, but atleast ones I tested it with 9.0.3 it didn't
work ok. So this case is still kind of "open" and I will do some more
testing and let see what happens.

Final conclusions:

I think there are some great guys and gals in the emea, but also some "less
great" and cases are hanging there way too long. Of cource I'm happy after
case 3, but as I told earlier, 4 months to get 2 radius attributes in place
is just too much! This need to be improved a lot, if Lucent want to be in
busines. We as an ISP (Finland) are always comparing other support to
Ciscos TAC and from there we at least get very fast responses via email (10
- 30 min) and usually that's only we have needed. Personally I don't like
Cisco equipment very much, but I have to live with it. And support from
Cisco has been good enough at least for me.
At this time I'm happy with our TNT and I can easily sleep over nights and
not to think about it.

Time is 16:11 here in Finland, the sun is shining almost all night long and
the temperature is close to 30 C. So I think it's good time to stop
worrying and be happy and enjoy the great summer weekend.

With Best Regards,

Jyrki Kainulainen.