AHHH!

I need some help with an Max 6000 connecting to a T1.  I am used to PRI's
Maxens so if these questions sound stupid, they probably are  :-))

The scenario is this.  On Tuesday a power outage knocked out a USR Total
Control Box/two T1's.  At first we believed that the TC box was bad, so we
decided to put a MAX 6000 online to replace it.  Called the local phone
company (SWBell) for the T1 settings, but only got Wink-Start, ESF, and
B8ZS for info on how to setup my end.  Ok fine.  I do think there is other
info the MAX needs like a PRI setup does, but I am not sure.  Some did say
something about sending 4 digits on the calls, but no other info and I have
no idea where that info would go....  I do get a LA note on the T1's when
set up like this, so I am thinking that part is set up correctly.

Now, when anyone calls the T1 number they hear a long pause and then a
message saying all circuits are busy.  Sometimes they hear 4 rings and then
the message.  On some instances I see a "r" on some of the channels, then a
star with the message call connected in the status box, then a "c" (I have
never seen that before now), but the caller never hears my modem.

Can anyone tell me what they think may be the problem from the above
description?  I am at my wits end on this situation.

I have had Bell out here and they have done everything to test the T1's and
they say that the line is clean and good.  They do say that they do not get
a wink from my end when sending the call...

I hope I am missing something simple, or anything....

Grrrr, I am loosing my hair (pulling it out slowly).

Paul

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com