I'll apologize in advance for asking what may be a stupid question .....

I've been asked to replace some equipment that is not operating correctly on
a Frame relay circuit. I have a Pipeline 130 and a Fastcomm Etherfrad to put
on each end. I have set up the frame relay profile and what I thought was
needed in the Pipeline but I am still not able to get the routers to
communicate.

So here are my questions:

Will this setup even work or does there have to be some sort of special
router at one end or the other?

What about the DLCI number? I set it to 16 but does the number matter since
I am the one setting it on both ends. Or should I contact the telco and find
out what number to use?

Is there some way I can hook up the 2 routers directly? I'm assuming I can't
but thought I would ask anyway.

Would I be better off putting another Pipeline 130 at the other end? I can
get one if it would help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

V. M. Branyik
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++