Hello Vilmos,

Initially you can hook the units up back to back with a crossover cable to
verify that your setup is working. The phone company will have to provide you
with the DLCI numbers. For Frame Relay you are connecting to their equipment and
they have a DLCI # on their end and your end has a DLCI #. If these are not
correct it will not work.

These are assigned by the telco and are something like 100 on one end and 101 on
the other. (They have reversed these on me before on the initial setup)

Now, if you have a point to point circuit and are not actually tapping into the
Frame Relay cloud then I imagine you could assign your own. In this case it
would seem that you would want to configure for T1 or Fractional T1 and DLCI #s
are not required.

I'm not familiar with the Fastcomm Etherfrad unit but we do use P130's and
P220's in both Frame Relay and point to point T1 circuits.

The DLCI was not an issue (doesn't use them) with the point to point T1 but
definitely has to match the phone co. setup for the frame relay.

I'd say a identical equipment on each end would help simplify things but may not
be necessary. I believe I'd try and set them up as mentioned above with a
crossover cable and see if you can get it working - that way it rules out any
errors on the part of the telco - at least as a test to get things going
initially.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Scott Starbuck

Aobe Network Group