** -----Original Message-----
** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of shawn everett
** Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 1:40 AM
** To: ascend-users at bungi.com
** Subject: (ASCEND) MAX 4000 Configuration Question
**
** We have a MAX 4000 with ~30 dial-up lines.  We would like to sell off 10
** of them to another "virtual isp."
**
** Is it possible to configure the Max so that 10 of the lines authenticate
** using one ISP's radius server while the other lines authenticate using
** another ISP's radius server?

You would need to do this with radius proxy.  Trivial setup, see
http://www.freeradius.org for information on this.  I believe that
freeradius is still in beta, but there are links and documentation for
Cistron Radiusd.

**
** On another note can we configure 10 of the lines to answer on one number
** while the other lines answer on another?
**
** Finally, instead of PPP access can we configure the 10 lines to present a
** login prompt to a unix server? (dialup shell accounts)

You might have luck getting calls to a different number to be immediately
passed to a shell account via rlogin via call routes, but I'm not sure if it
would work or not.

**
** If this isn't possible using the MAX 4000, is it possible with
** anything in
** the Ascend MAX family?

Maybe with the TNT and/or APX, but I've never seen (or looked for) such
options.  The easiest way to do this, is with radius realms and proxy as
mentioned above.

Good luck,

--
  Troy Settle