>From: ISPstuff <tom at ispstuff.com>
>
>Setting up my first ever TNT with 9.0-159.0.  It has one 8 port CT1 card
>and 2 96 port Multi-DSP cards.  Everything appears top be set correctly but
>it is not forwarding packets.  netstat -r shows the pool assigned IP
>addresses and routes.  The default route is there.  From admin, I can ping
>all addresses inside and out.  But from the outside, I can't ping past the
>ethernet port.  And from the dial-in, I can't ping past the ethernet port.
>I am using the CLI and current docs.  My previous set-ups have been 6096
>Maxen.
>
>My routing experience tells me that this is not forwarding packets but I
>think I have covered all the docs.  Has anyone stumbled across this before?
>  I am sure it will be some stupid thing that I overlooked.

The stupid thing I always forget is to set the system-ip-addr in
ip-global. Without it, addresses can originate from an address that
other devices don't know how to reach, creating a difficult situation
to troubleshoot.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/