At 01:45 AM 3/6/2001, you wrote:
>From: Clint Wiley <cwiley at nfis.com>
>Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:50:08 -0500 (EST)
>Subject: (ASCEND) Pipeline NAT static mapping
>
>Hi.
>
>I have a Pipeline 50 that is configured for NAT and I'd like to static map
>port 80 to another box on the NAT'd network.
>
>In Ethernet -> Mod Config -> NAT Routing=No
>
>In Ethernet -> NAT -> NAT  I have a profile that has a static map like so:
>
>Static Map 01
>Valid=Yes
>Dst Port #=80
>Protocol=TCP
>Loc Port #=80
>Loc Adrs=10.10.0.20
>
>This Pipeline is connected to another PL50 and the connection profile
>assigns a valid IP address to the remote unit.  When accessing the remote
>unit, it doesn't forward to the mapped port.  What am I missing?

         I'm pretty sure the "Ethernet - Mod Config - NAT Routing" should
be equal to "Yes".
         Another thing I know for sure is after you save twice when backing
out of setting a static mapping, you should do a reboot on the unit or the
static mapping won't work right.   Other than that, assuming the 10.10.0.20
is the valid internal address of the web server, it should work.
         One thing people >never< do that they should is check the service
from inside the network and make sure that it works.   If it works from
inside the network and still doesn't work with the static mapping, make
sure your default gateway on the webserver is set to the P50...
-----
Craig Norborg  - CCNA/CCDA/CSE/MCSE         219.254.5254
Datacruz, Inc.                                        FAX  219.256.1144
doc at datacruz.com                              <http://www.datacruz.com>
Official Tucows Affiliate                  <http://tucows.datacruz.com>
2500 Miracle Lane, Suite D . PO Box 220 . Mishawaka .  IN .  46546-0220

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com