Hello,

Getting in on this thread late but I notice you mention checking the service
from inside the network. If you are referring to just testing the port and the
associated service - ok. If you are trying to test the NAT static mapping from
the same network the static mapped device is on - this will not work. (in my
experience) You have initiate the connection from another network. We had this
same issue and though the static mapping appeared not to be working when
testing from the same network. (which is a configuration that would not be used
- but is probably the way most people set this up and test) When we tested from
another network it was working fine. This was a real pain to figure out until
by chance I tried it from another network and discovered it was working. You
are correct that NAT routing must be enabled (In Ethernet -> Mod Config -> NAT
Routing=Yes) and it must also be enabled for the appropriate connection profile
for this feature to work. (In Ethernet -> NAT-> Routing=Yes and the Profile =
the appropriate connection profile) you've probably seen this though as it's
where the static mappings are set up. Good luck.

Scott Starbuck

Aobe Network Group
5340 Millertown Pike, Suite 131
Knoxville, TN 37924

Phone: 865-689-7290
Fax: 865-688-0068
---------------------

Craig Norborg wrote:

> At 01:45 AM 3/6/2001, you wrote:
> >From: Clint Wiley <cwiley at nfis.com>
> >Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:50:08 -0500 (EST)
> >Subject: (ASCEND) Pipeline NAT static mapping
> >
> >Hi.
> >
> >I have a Pipeline 50 that is configured for NAT and I'd like to static map
> >port 80 to another box on the NAT'd network.
> >
> >In Ethernet -> Mod Config -> NAT Routing=No
> >
> >In Ethernet -> NAT -> NAT  I have a profile that has a static map like so:
> >
> >Static Map 01
> >Valid=Yes
> >Dst Port #=80
> >Protocol=TCP
> >Loc Port #=80
> >Loc Adrs=10.10.0.20
> >
> >This Pipeline is connected to another PL50 and the connection profile
> >assigns a valid IP address to the remote unit.  When accessing the remote
> >unit, it doesn't forward to the mapped port.  What am I missing?
>
>          I'm pretty sure the "Ethernet - Mod Config - NAT Routing" should
> be equal to "Yes".
>          Another thing I know for sure is after you save twice when backing
> out of setting a static mapping, you should do a reboot on the unit or the
> static mapping won't work right.   Other than that, assuming the 10.10.0.20
> is the valid internal address of the web server, it should work.
>          One thing people >never< do that they should is check the service
> from inside the network and make sure that it works.   If it works from
> inside the network and still doesn't work with the static mapping, make
> sure your default gateway on the webserver is set to the P50...
> -----
> Craig Norborg  - CCNA/CCDA/CSE/MCSE         219.254.5254
> Datacruz, Inc.                                        FAX  219.256.1144
> doc at datacruz.com                              <http://www.datacruz.com>
> Official Tucows Affiliate                  <http://tucows.datacruz.com>
> 2500 Miracle Lane, Suite D . PO Box 220 . Mishawaka .  IN .  46546-0220
>

> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++