Hi

I am changing my T1 service and as a consequence have a new Class C block of
IP addresses that I must use.  Today I attempted to set up the new addresses
on my Max4000's and had some trouble.

I changed the IP pool to reflect the new Class C.  I changed the default
gateway address under Static Routes.  I changed the primary and secondary
DNS to the new address of the nameservers.  I changed the internal IP
address of the max.

After rebooting the machine, my dial-in customers could get authenticated
and connected ok, but were not able to access any IP addresses outside the
Max.  I was able to ping the Max itself from the dialed in computer by IP
address, but could not ping any machine on my local network or on the
Internet.

I was able to drop into terminal server mode on the Max during the test and
ping my network or any other address out on the Internet by both IP and by
name.

Eventually I had to put everything back like it was and call the changeover
a failure.

Is there anything that needs to be cleared on the Max so that it will accept
new IP addresses or something else I overlooked?  Under Ether options, I
have the parameter Ignore Default Route set to yes.  Could this be causing
the problem?

I appreciate any help in this matter.

Dennis Duval

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++