All,

Is it just me, or are others having problems with HCF family of modems?

Compaq's with HCF Micromodems can not connect to my TNT running 8.0.4
PCTEL HSP can not connect to TNT running 8.0.4 or Max running 7.0.26

Handshake finishes out at speeds of anywhere from 34k to 54k, but stops cold
before windows even has a chance to initiate PPP.

Disabling V90 (+MS=V34) will allow the modem to connect perfectly at 31.2 or
33.6.  I've tried all sorts of firmware updates, nothing seems to work.

Same modems seem to connect just fine to Cisco, Livingston, and USR.  I
spent nearly an hour on the phone tonight with one customer who's getting
53.3K to a competitor with PM3, but could not establish a good connection
with us at all (max 7.0.26).

Thanks for any insight that might help me out here,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short