On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:01:34AM -0800, danziger at pacifier.com wrote:
> unless the p-75 is not setup for isdn which is what the p-75 was made for...
> with isdn you get 2 pots lines.. just call one of the numbers and use the
> console or remote admin for it to dial out... kinda simple...

Yes, but that (if I understand you correctly) requires that I have a
computer with an outgoing modem available and that's just what I
don't have.  I'm sitting at a computer with a permanent internet
connection and have an ordinary phone and I want to wake up the
remote computer so I can telnet into it.

Wait a minute, am I misunderstanding completely?  Surely the Ascend
won't accept data calls into its POTS ports will it?  I know that
some setup can be done with a touch tone phone on the POTS ports, is
this what you're suggesting?  If one can get it to connect doing this
then it's just what I want!

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)
  Home: chris at isbd.co.uk		 Work: cgreen at bcs.org.uk