** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of Chris Green
** Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 2:59 AM
** To: ascend-users at bungi.com
** Subject: Re: (ASCEND) This list
**
** On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:01:34AM -0800, danziger at pacifier.com wrote:
** > unless the p-75 is not setup for isdn which is what the p-75
** was made for...
** > with isdn you get 2 pots lines.. just call one of the numbers
** and use the
** > console or remote admin for it to dial out... kinda simple...
** >
** Yes, but that (if I understand you correctly) requires that I have a
** computer with an outgoing modem available and that's just what I
** don't have.  I'm sitting at a computer with a permanent internet
** connection and have an ordinary phone and I want to wake up the
** remote computer so I can telnet into it.
**
** Wait a minute, am I misunderstanding completely?  Surely the Ascend
** won't accept data calls into its POTS ports will it?  I know that
** some setup can be done with a touch tone phone on the POTS ports, is
** this what you're suggesting?  If one can get it to connect doing this
** then it's just what I want!
**
** --
** Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)