On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 04:19:23PM -0600, Peter Copeland wrote:
> I have some P75s that cannot initiate data calls, but can receive them
> from other P75s. In these instances, once another P75 has initiated the call, the connection is
> sound and TCP/IP traffic works just fine.
>
> On the P75s that cannot initiate calls, I've checked and they're definitely
> dialing the correct numbers. When telnetting into them, at the
> ascend% prompt, a "show isdn" results in:
> NL: Overlap Sending Digit: B1

There's a spcific FAQ at www.esight.com that deals with this.  It
says it relates to analogue calls though.  The FAQ says:-

    This message "Overlap Sending Digit" pertains to analog calls made
    through the Pipeline POTS ports. It is a message that can be seen in
    the Terminal Server mode of the Pipeline 25/75/85. It
    indicates the number of digits that are dialed from an analog device
    on a POTs port. Each digit dialed is sent in a framed packet to the
    serving telco switch using the Overlap Send Mode
    feature of the Pipeline 25/75/85.

    Note: The message found under SHOW ISDN is an informational message.

    In the following example, the user dialed a seven-digit number:

    ascend% sh isdn

    NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16 B1

    NL: CALL REQUEST: Voice, #

    NL: OVERLAP SENDING DIGIT: B1

    NL: OVERLAP SENDING DIGIT: B1

    NL: OVERLAP SENDING DIGIT: B1

    NL: OVERLAP SENDING DIGIT: B1

    NL: OVERLAP SENDING DIGIT: B1

    NL: OVERLAP SENDING DIGIT: B1

    NL: OVERLAP SENDING DIGIT: B1

    NL: CALL CONNECTED B1

    NL: CALL CLEARED WITH CAUSE: 16 B1

    NL: ANSWER REQUEST: B1

    NL: CALL CONNECTED B1 #5551212

I *think* this is saying that "Overlap Sending Digit" doesn't matter.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)
  Home: chris at isbd.co.uk		 Work: cgreen at bcs.org.uk
  WWW: http://www.isbd.co.uk/