On Thu, 10 May 2001, DustyC wrote:

> I am not sure about which particular modems, however we
> have found that some older modems sometimes give up
> because of the v.90 tone.  If those same modems are
> needing the ringback tone, putting 4 commas in front
> of the dialing number seems to solve the problem.

In /FRONT/ of?? Wouldn't that be "at the end of" ??

The purpose of a comma in a dial string is to pause proceedings for
(generally) 2 seconds. If you want the modem to "ignore" the first answer
tones at the remote end, putting a pause /before/ dialing isn't going to
help.

RossW

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com