Hello,

Our ISP has recently replaced their Ascend equipment with Cisco. The
multi-link bandwidth on demand on our P75 does not function with the
Cisco. I have changed the MPP setting to MP and also turned on BACP, and
tried various combinations of no VJ or STAC compression. Nothing I have
tried will let the P75 add or drop channels automatically.

I can set the Base Channel count to two and connect with both - just
can't get it to add and drop automatically. I have talked to the ISP and
they are aware of the problem and "working with Cisco engineers to
resolve" but I don't get the feeling this is a very big issue on their
list as it has been going on several months.

We've been through similar problems with other equipment and have always
been able to get it going with some configuration changes, but not this
time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and do you know of any
combination of settings or different software version that will fix this
problem?

Currently using ver 6.0.13 on the old ver P75, I believe the Cisco is a
AS5300 or similar, can probably find out the equipment and version they
are on if necessary but they seem to dodge that question any time I ask.
Either the person I'm talking to doesn't know or care to find out, but I
could probably find out if necessary.

Thanks for any info,

Scott Starbuck

Aobe Network Group