> I've had this before as well.  In the end, the solution was to get rid of
> the cheap switch I had, and install a Cisco 2900, which works great for
> everything but my iMac.
>
> Some things to try include replacing the ethernet cable, try a different
> port on your switch, try a different switch.
>
> Also, have you tried the dongle that comes with the 6k?  I've never needed
> it, but it may solve your problems.  IIRC, the dongle reverses pins 3 & 6,
> so making a custom cable can yeild the same results.

I've mailed a couple of times to this list concerning a problem like this
but with the MAX20's. We are running 8.0.5 and this seems to bother boxes
that have a lot of DSL's connected with heavy traffic. In my opinion this
has nothing to do with switches as we have been running the MAX'es against
Cisco Catalysts since day one.

Anssi Sallinen          -|-   E-Mail: anssi.sallinen at jippiigroup.com
Network Engineer        -|-   Engineering site http://www.jippii.net
Jippii Group Oyj        -|-   Corporate site http://www.jippiigroup.com
Phone: +358-9-42430001  -|-   Fax  : +358-9-42430661
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com