>From: Anssi Sallinen <anssi.sallinen at jippiigroup.com>
>
>>  I've had this before as well.  In the end, the solution was to get rid of
>>  the cheap switch I had, and install a Cisco 2900, which works great for
>>  everything but my iMac.
>>
>>  Some things to try include replacing the ethernet cable, try a different
>>  port on your switch, try a different switch.
>>
>>  Also, have you tried the dongle that comes with the 6k?  I've never needed
>>  it, but it may solve your problems.  IIRC, the dongle reverses pins 3 & 6,
>>  so making a custom cable can yeild the same results.
>
>I've mailed a couple of times to this list concerning a problem like this
>but with the MAX20's. We are running 8.0.5 and this seems to bother boxes
>that have a lot of DSL's connected with heavy traffic. In my opinion this
>has nothing to do with switches as we have been running the MAX'es against
>Cisco Catalysts since day one.

The Ethernet problems we've seen with Max 20s all relate to
filters--even filters applied to interfaces other than the affected
Ethernet interface! If you have any filters applied anywhere on that
Max 20, try removing them as a test. The release notes for 8.0.5 (in
either the DSL Terminator 100 or DSL Max 20 docs, but not both)
allude to this bug.
--

Peter Lalor