Hi All,

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with.  I installed an APX
8000 running 9.0.4 TAOS and use a RADIUS program called Radiator running on
Unix.  Some users are in the 'user' file and some authenticate via the
default user using the UNIX password file.  The Radiator authenticates all
users for about 2 hours and then all of a sudden, it fails.  I get an error
in the APX log that states there was a "RADIUS client timeout (code=1) for
user xxxxx host xxxxxx"  This error repeats for every user trying to
authenticate until the RADIUS server is reset.  After the reset,
authentication is successful for another ~2 hours and then the timeouts
begin again.  There is no interruption of IP connectivity between the APX
and the server.  The RADIUS log file and syslog report errors as well.
Prior to installing the APX, this exact RADIUS server authenticated users
dialing in on PM3's without fail for years.  Something is interrupting the
Client/Server communication between the APX and the Radiator server.  Also,
these are 2 replicated servers that this occurs on.  Both behave the exact
same way.

If anyone has seen this before or has any idea what the cause/solution could
be, I'd be thrilled if you would share it.

Thank You,

David Pascarella, CCNA MCSE LSCP A+
Network Support Engineer
SOLUNET  TAC