Interestingly, I can swap out this max with any of the others and the PRIs
come right up without any such coaxing. It is only on the PRIs that are
hooked to that particular MAX unit, i.e. the problem follows the MAX
wherever I hook it, so it seems certain to be a trouble within the MAX unit
itself.

It is a lease unit, so I wonder if I shouldn't just contact them about it
before it takes a turn for the worse.

-Terry

> Probably a timing issue on the PRIs with the Telco.  I have seen that same
> scenario on a few trunk-groups with some of our Telco interconnections,
> too.  And this is on a T-3 card on an Ascend MAX TNT device.
>
> -Nick
>

> At 08:45 PM 11/27/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >I have one 6096 out of a group that will not let the trunks come up
unless I
> >do a loopback test on the first trunk. Once I do that, all 4 come up, one
> >afer the other.
> >
> >Any ideas on what is up with this thing? Could it have taken a lightning
hit
> >on the T1 interface or something?
> >

> >Terry Lee
> >Area-Net, Inc.