Hi there.

We just installed a Max 6000, and I noticed that we're getting near instant
disconnects. I've verified that it's this one unit on my Mac by checking out
the log in Remote Access. It reads "Termination requested by remote side".
Also verified is that this one unit is the one that I was connected to.

In looking through the settings, I find in Sytem>Sys Cofig> that Auto
Logout=No and Idle Logout=0.

Isn't this telling it that there is no idle logout, and that users should be
able to stay on as long as they want? I've poked around the settings and
can't really find anywhere else that this setting should apply. I've
compared to a 4000 unit and everything seems to match.

Even so much as being telnetted into this unit shows enough activity to keep
the connection alive, but as soon as I close all programs using this dialup,
a minute later I'm booted.

I'm sure I'm missing something here. I'm certainly no ace when it comes to
this Ascend gear. Anyone care to point me to another setting that would
apply? Or perhaps I should look at some sort of hardware issue?

Thanks.

Dave.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com