> A better way, would be to configure snmptrapd, then have your monitoring
> software check the logs for UP/DOWN status changes.
>
> Hrrm...  sounds like a good project if I get bored enough.

Thanks for the comments to those who responded.  In response to a similar
post on the BigBrother mailing list Sean Macguire (one of the
authors/maintainers of BB) wrote:

"Grab SNMP2BB (http://bb4.com/xtra/SNMP2BB.tar.gz) and the
NET-SNMP package.  Writing a test for this should be very
straightforward."

I do plan to take this on soon, but can't start on it right away.  If/when I
get results I will post them to this list.

Dennis Duval

---

To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com