I had a similar problem with earlier versions of OS on 6096.
One issue that was addressed, (can't recall which version),
was that any time I opened a TFTP server on the local network
the Max would reboot.

The issue with the busy signals appeared to stem from a modem
reporting X amount of bad calls.  Once the entire modem card
was clear of calls, the Max would reset the card and resume
taking calls.  Unfortunately, the Max will refuse calls until
this happens.  At first I would reset the whole Max and that
fixed it.  After learning about the bad modem theory I was
able to go in and reset only the modem card affected as shown
by issuing 'avm' in diagnostic mode.

I am running 9.02 on all the 6096 boxes now and have not had
this problem since 7.2.4 I believe.  Knock on wood. :-)

DustyC

Have Mercy, on Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 09:47:49AM -0500,
Chris Clements (cclements at cp-tel.net) wrote:

> Ascend Users,
>
>     We have a MAX 6096 which is giving me fits.  Here are a couple of the
> synptoms:
>
> 1.  The MAX will stop taking calls and give busy signals when there are
> PLENTY of lines available.
>
> 2.  The MAX reboots itself several time a day, on it own accord.
>
> I reloaded the operating system (7.0.3) but this was not help.  Can any of
> you offer any advice?
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com