At 11:58 AM 26/09/01 -0500, Paul Thomas wrote:
>What does the 'avm' command display after the unit has been up for a
>while.  Preferably shortly before it rebooted.
>
>Also, try upgrading to 7.2.3.  7.0.3 is pretty old.

I'm running 7.2.0 ebixk.m60, and I see occasional spontaneous reboots,
(shown as FATAL ERROR, index 17 in fatal-history) although I've only seen 3
in the last 9 months, not several times a day :) Are there any known bugs
with 7.2.0 that might cause this ?

I just checked 'avm' and I also see lots of bad calls listed - every single
modem shows between 2 and 10% of the number of calls as bad calls, with one
modem on the 'suspect' list, and yet I'm not aware of any specific
connection problems. Should I be worrying about this ? What exactly is bad
calls logging ? Should I be seeing 0 bad calls, or is a few normal ?

Do firmware updates update the modem code at all ? (for better
compatibility with newer modems, for example) Ocassionally users with a
specific type of modem (almost always crappy winmodems) do have connection
problems, so if this could be improved it may be worth trying.

How safe/easy is it to upgrade to a later firmware, and what version should
I try, with so many different versions to choose from all the way up to
9.0, I'm a bit wary of trying any of them, to be honest, as the box is
running pretty well....

Regards,
Simon

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++