For a good time in both Async (modem) and ISDN  (DOB 56 or 64 DATA) we use
the following in RADIUS.

Here's our dial up username pass first line in Radius:

finneyj        Password = "deleted", NAS-Port-Type = Async

Here's our ISDN username pass first line in Radius:

bank1    Password = "deleted", NAS-Port-Type = ISDN

At the very end (must be at the end) of the Radius users file you need a
default entry (this was
needed to make ISDN play right when the maxen first boot):

DEFAULT         Password = "deleted", Simultaneous-Use = 1
        Port-Limit = 1,
        Ascend-Number-Sessions = 1,
        Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1,
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 1200,
        Ascend-Maximum-Time = 14400,
        NAS-Port-Type = Async,
        User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Idle-Timeout = 1200,
        Session-Timeout = 14400,
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

Hope this helps.

Marco

Marco C. Coelho
Argon Technologies