Like just about every other piece of Ascend equipment, you can connect
to the Pipeline 400 with a standard serial cable (not null, no gender
changer).  Set your terminal to 9600/8/N/1, and off you go.  If you
don't get any love, you'll probably have to reset it with some dumb
jumper inside to get to NINDY interface, but I couldn't even begin to
tell you which one on that particular device.

Good luck,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks