Bob,
1)Of course it won't install, it was written for Win95
and never updated.  It could be said that Win2000
won't allow it to install, if you had to be precise.
2)At the time I last asked about it, there was a
project to update MaxDial to Win2000, at the request
of a large customer.  However, since then, many things
have changed at Lucent, and that may not be true any
longer.

Robert Carr
Ex-Lucent Support Engineer