On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 Jeffery wrote,

> I am using an Ascend Max 4000 for dial-in access.  I
> made some changes last night to my DHCP server on an
> NT 4 box and upgraded it to SP 6a.  Now any dial-ins
> come through but all users are given a message
> stating their username and password are incorrect
> even though it is correct.

Are you using MS-CHAP as your authentication method on
the MAX 4000?  It is my understanding that there are
two versions of MS-CHAP, and upgrading to NT4.0 SP6
may have changed the native version on your NT RADIUS
to the newer version, which the MAX 4000 does not
support.

> I would like to change the Radius over to a 2000 box
> but cannot find where to change this and do not know
> if it would support 2000 handling authentication.
?> Also, what is the process.  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thank you.

You need to change the RADIUS server the MAX is
pointing at, which can be done by changing the IP
address at Ethernet>Mod Config>Auth>Auth Host, and you
need to make sure that you have the correct shared
secret.  However, be warned that 2000 IAS and the MAX
may have issues as to what constitutes a VSA, and what
doesn't.  You might want to get a copy of the TAOS
Radius Guide and Reference if you need an explanation
of more depth.

Robert Carr
Ex-Escalation TNT/MAX Group Lucent/Ascend
Anybody in Seattle want to give me a job?