On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Joe Max wrote:

> There is a well-known incompatibility in the encoding of the Password
> attribute with the RFC if you use auth-radius-compat = old-ascend. It is
> noticeable with some passwords more than others.
>
> If you haven't done so already, try changing this to either
> 'vendor-specific' or '16-bit-vendor-specific'. You will need to adjust your
> radius server as well since all Ascend attributes will need to be sent with
> vendor id = 529.

If you set it to 16-bit they will be sent as vendor id 4846 and use a
different VSA encoding also.  Make sure your RADIUS server supports it
before using 16-bit mode.

Tom

--
Thomas C Kinnen - RADIUS Engineer - LUCENT Technologies INS
NavisRadius Pre-Sales Support: tech-sales at lucentradius.com
NavisRadius Sales/License Questions: sales at lucentradius.com
NavisRadius Support: access at lucent.com -or- http://www.lucent.com/support/
NavisRadius Forums: http://www.lucentradius.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's, unless
they were given to me by my employer"

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com