On a MAX6000, the easiest way to recover it is with a PCMCIA flash card
containing known good code. The easiest way to store good code in it
is to install the PCMCIA flash card on a working 6000 and tload new
code into it. The working 6000 doesn't need to be rebooted and it
will not be affected in any way, since the PCMCIA card is hot-swappable.
Once the PCMCIA card contains good code, plug it in the failing 6000
and power it on. It will find the PCMCIA card during boot and boot from it.
After the 6000 boots (it may take two boots), you can remove the
card if you want. You still need to update the code in the on-board
flash of the failing 6000, but now it is easier since you have working
code.

Make sure you connect to the console port, in case the config is lost.

BTW, do not confuse the TNT's DRAM card (which is JEDEC and *NOT*
hot-swappable) with a PCMCIA flash card. They are quite different
and it is very easy to burn a DRAM card!