From: Troy Settle [mailto:troy at psknet.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 11:59 AM
To: DPascarella at solunet.com; ascend-users at bungi.com
Subject: RE: [Ascend] (ASCEND) RE: TNT - 9.0.2 - DSP Modems - Connection
Problems

David,

The DS3 isn't taking any errors.  As far as I can tell, the circuit
between the DACS and CPE is flawless.

The DS1s were from a different phone company.  This chassis itself is
known to be good, as it was in production for about 9 months before I
switched from the ILEC to the CLEC.  The DS3 card is also known to be
good (I pulled it myself from the other chassis after moving the PRI
from a MUX to a regular DS3).

On the customer side, we're talking about several hundred customers that
were dialing into 6000's and 4000's without issue (7.0.26).  After
porting our access numbers to a CLEC and taking our PRI over DS3 into
the TNT (9.0.2), these problems started occurring.

Please see Terry's post (which you also replied to).  We just cut him
over from the ILEC to the CLEC last week, and he noticed the problems
immediately (same equipment and config).  Unforutnately, he doesn't have
enough historical data to show what's going on.  I've got one other ISP
that I'm hoping will be able to provide additional info for us to take
to the table.

Laying between the ILEC's tandem and the CLEC, is a DS3 from a local
fiber carrier.

I guess we really need to look towards the trunking between telcos to
find out what's going on.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks