From: Joe Max [mailto:max_and_tnt at hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 3:10 PM
To: deckman at esisoft.us; ascend-users at bungi.com
Subject: [Ascend] Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 130

Yes, it can do that. Use either filters or firewalls (or both).

For firewalls, you need an external program (SCM?) which is run
on a Windoze machine and then downloaded into the pipeline.

For filters on the ethernet port, always remember to add a
forward entry for ARPs or you won't be able to talk to the
box.

>From: "Daniel R. Eckman" <deckman at esisoft.us>
>
>Hello
>I have a question for anyone.
>I have just acquired an Ascend Pipeline 130 for my business and cannot seem
>to get the firewall up and functioning.  I am trying to set it up so that I
>can use my systems from home, but block others from doing the same.  Is
>this
>product capable of doing that?  I have tried to set up the filters , but I
>can't seem to get them to function properly.
>
>Any info anyone might have will help.

_
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com