Software compression at the handshake level... Mppc and stac don't even
enter the equation.  This is a communications level problem, and
unchecking 'Enable Software Compression' in the DUN settings should fix
this in about 90% of cases.

If the disconnect issue is a very wide-scale problem (like >40% of all
calls), then you need to work with your telco to verify all the options
set on every part of the circuits feeding your TNT.

For example, I had this problem really bad, and after looking, it turned
out to be a bad T span between the ILEC and the CLEC I had service with
(the problem was on the 3rd member of a trunkgroup that handled nearly
half of my traffic).

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks