Good day,

I have an APX8000 running TAOS 9.0.4. It has 2 Ethernet cards (Slot 3 and
18).

I would like to have the Ethernet load balanced across the multiple Ethernet
slots (Incoming and Outgoing). Thus far, I have been unable to do so. I have
both interfaces within the same subnet. OSPF is running on both slots. I
have placed a static route in place, and was able to have traffic split
across both cards outgoing. I am only able to have the traffic come in
across the Ethernet card in slot 3 however.

I also notice, when I do 'ospf rtab' that all of the WAN (Dialup
Connections) connections have 'RTE  FIX' beside them, implying static routes
to these connections and they are all statically coming thru the Ethernet
card in slot 3. Thus far, I have been unable to determine where this is set,
so as to have it changed to be an OSPF entry, as it may very well be the
reason incoming traffic for my dialup traffic only comes thru slot 3. When
slot 3 is not connected, my clients are unable to browse, they lose
connectivity.

In the ip-interface profiles for the 2 slots I have OSPF enabled with
similar preferences. 'ospf inft' results:

Ifc Address     Phys     Assoc. Area     Type   State    #nbrs #adjs DInt

x.x.x.x    ie0-0-0  0.0.0.1         Brdcst DR        0     0    40

x.x.x.x    ie1-3-1  0.0.0.1         Brdcst Other     3     2    40

x.x.x.x    ie1-18-1 0.0.0.1         Brdcst Other     3     2    40

>From other routers within my network, the OSPF is being advertised from the
ie-1-18, but as mentioned, no traffic is being routed inbound on that
interface.

I certainly look forward to any assistance/suggestions which may be
provided.

Kevin Carey

Network Operations

InfoChannel Ltd.

"The Caribbean's Premier Communication Services Provider/Enabler"

www.infochan.com

(876) 978-2960 x233