I am having a time getting my Airport card to talk to a SohoWare
NetBlaster2. I can see all the status from iwconfig, but I have yet to
connect to it. I am unable to find the ip address either. I have tried
nmap on the logical home subnets and still have not found its ip. I have
even used windows programs to talk to it, but I don't have a sohoware
NIC, it shouldn't matter though. It does not seem
to enter the arp table. When I connect to the Smc2652 I have no problems
and can read the mac address in the arp table. Doing a traceroute through
the WAP does not reveal its ip.
I have several/many more questions regarding 802.11 issues. I want to
thank the group for spawning a new. Wireless is the future.

--
SpencerUnderground