On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, spencer underground wrote:
> I am having a time getting my Airport card to talk to a SohoWare
> NetBlaster2. I can see all the status from iwconfig, but I have yet to
> connect to it. I am unable to find the ip address either. I have tried
> nmap on the logical home subnets and still have not found its ip. I have
> even used windows programs to talk to it, but I don't have a sohoware
> NIC, it shouldn't matter though. It does not seem
> to enter the arp table. When I connect to the Smc2652 I have no problems
> and can read the mac address in the arp table. Doing a traceroute through
> the WAP does not reveal its ip.

a) does your WAP have any utilities that allow you to see who's associated
to it?

b) do you have WEP enabled? have you properly configured your card for
infrastructure mode, with the proper WEP privacy key? I hate to say it,
but have you tried from Windows? I have seen cases where getting it to
work in Linux is a real pain in the butt, but Windows works fine..

> I have several/many more questions regarding 802.11 issues. I want to
> thank the group for spawning a new. Wireless is the future.

That's a fact.  :)