> I am <not> going to give anyone the benefit of my knowledge of and experience in
> urban radio propagation if that knowledge will be exploited for <their>
> enrichment, but I will gladly donate it as a volunteer for a non-profit, as long
> as the work is protected.

I heartily agree with this. I've got no problem building a network just for
the geek value of it; I do however have a problem with people taking what
we've done, and putting $$$ in their pocket, with no returns to us.

I think a commercial operation of any sort, is likely to attract the wrong
sorts of people (both users and investors/managers/hangers-on); and has a
good chance of ruining the culture of this community.
then again, I think changing culture is bound to happen to any community
eventually, as part of its natural evolution (if it doesn't do that, it
stagnates and dies). so let's just be aware of it; and keep an eye out for
the future of this friendly community of geeks. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises