Replies below...

-----Original Message-----
From: tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org [mailto:tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org] On
Behalf Of Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 1:19 PM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: Re: [TCWUG] Wireless setup in a small/midsize office

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 07:02:40AM -0500, Joel R. Helgeson wrote:
> Actually, you should just look at a product called ReefEdge
> (www.reefedge.com)

hmm, interesting.
I also see by the brochure that it will authenticate against RADIUS as
well.

<rant>
it'd be nice if they just came out and called it a
firewall/authentication
server/VPN concentrator/mobile IP gateway, rather than wasting our time
with
3000 buzzwords. one could describe their product in about 500 words...
and
I'd put a lot more faith in a company that actually came out and *said*
what
it did. too many words means they spent too much money on marketdroids,
rather than people who make the product work well.
then again, i'm not a PHB or marketdroid.
</rant>

<reply>
If they said it was a firewall, then people will think it is a firewall
and want to have it filter their internet connection. That's not what it
does.  If they said it was a VPN concentrator, then the morons of the
world will try and terminate their remote users on AOL on the thing,
it's not that either. It is an appliance that uses several technologies.
IMHO, to use the words you have will only serve to confuse people into
thinking they can buy this thing and use it in place of their
WatchGuard.
Joel
</reply>

Carl Soderstrom