Quoting Mike Hicks (hick0088 at tc.umn.edu):
> I recently bought a laptop (looks like it's been delivered, but is sitting
> in my apartment building's office tonight), and am looking at getting a
> wireless card for it.  Since 802.1x is the Next Big Thing, do I have to
> worry about hardware supporting that, or is it just a software layer, or
> what?

It's all in the card. Just get a good PCMCIA card and you'll have not problems.

Nate will fight me on this, but I prefer the Cisco AiroNet stuff. It's a little
more pricey then others, but it's rock solid under linux. I even took my Cisco
Wireless specialization course using AiroNet gear under Linux, even though
Windows was "required".

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.tcwug.org Minnesota Wireless    | Fax   : (952)943-8500