Nate Carlson wrote:
> [excellent pointer to $45 zcomax card deleted...]
> On the 802.1x topic, it's going to require new hardware from what I've
> read, but nobody has it yet -- so if you need wireless now, it's not worth
> waiting around for it. If you can wait a year or two, by all means, wait a
> year or two.  :)

Can you shed some light on the 802.1x/new hardware requirement ?
Since 802.1x is a port-based authentication scheme that extends it's
hooks into key management, I'm led to believe that it wouldn't
likely need new hardware. Isn't Cisco touting 802.1x using
their current cards ?

802.11a or 802.11g are new physical layer standards that will require
new hardware.

I'm not trying to pick an argument here, I think this is
the kind of clarification that forums like this are great
at providing.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634