Just curious what you guys think of yesterday's article in Star Tribune.

There's also a posting/discussion on slashdot.org

I was amused by one of the comments on slashdot:

"Unless the thing supports IPSec, it would be 100% useless for business
travelers

Last time I was at the IETF, in Pittsburgh, Marconi was running the show and
gave everyone 802.11 cards. I plugged mine into my notebook and fired up my
Ethernet sniffer, which collected approximately 700+ webmail
username/password pairs, over 100 POP logins, a good littering of telnet
logins, a bunch of tunneled CIFS logins, and other assorted good stuff.
Enough to crack into a user account at a large portion of the represented
telco R&D firms. What I learned at IETF that year: the telecommunications
world was still too stupid to be allowed to own wireless ethernet.

That was the IETF. This is an airport. IPSEC? Nah. It's easier to jail the
occasional teenager for "sniffing" than it is to actually fix the
problem....."

Asim